- Do you have leftover plain rice?
This Ginger Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe is a great side dish for a vegetarian diet that calls for starting with chilled, cooked rice. I tried some fish-stew with some fresh pineapple the other day and served it with this ginger pineapple fried rice. Incredible delicious! A very easy to make. Either canned or fresh pineapple if available.
READ: Simple easy bajia recipe
So what’s the secret to perfect Ginger Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe?
Actually, most important thing is to use leftover rice! The rice will contract and dry out a bit in the fridge, making it less palatable if you are just going to eat leftover rice, perfect for cooking with fried rice.
READ ALSO: Simple Classic Pilau Recipe
Ginger Pineapple Fried rice Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Yield: serves 4-6
- 3 Tablespoon finely minced fresh peeled ginger
- 5 cups leftover cooked Dawat rice (from 2 cups of raw rice)
- 3 Tbsp peanuts oil, rice bran oil, canola oil, or cooking oil
- 5 green onions, separated white and light green part and dark green parts, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3.4 cup diced (1/4 inch cubes)fresh pineapple (See How to cut pineapple)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if cooking gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
READ ALSO: Chicken Thighs Recipe Spicy Honey-Brushed
You can cook the rice from scratch according to the package, let the rice dry out in a couple of hours then proceed with the Ginger Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe.
1 Saute onions and ginger: Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat swirl in a tablespoon of oil to coat the pan.
When the oil is shimmering hot, add the ginger and the white and pale green part of the green onions.
Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir-fry until fragrant, just about a minute.
- Brown the rice: Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan.When the oil is hot add the cooked, leftover rice to the pan, break it up with your finger as you sprinkle it into the pan.
Let the rice fry in the pan without moving it for a minute or two, until it starts to brown. Now stir it so that it turns over in the pan, and let it cook for a minute or two more.
- Stire in pineapple, more green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil: Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped pineapple, sliced green onion greens, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add salt to taste and serve.